Re: [OM] Aurora Borealis over Lake Superior

Subject: Re: [OM] Aurora Borealis over Lake Superior
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 09:53:31 +0200
<<
I had three issues with using f4 for this shot.

1. Inability to achieve critical focus in a timely manner.

2. Coma.

Ken, first of all congratulation for the wonderful photo.
I'm a little envious because I never seen an aurora and is something
I'd like to see.

As per your lens/f-stop choice, next time try the 28/2. It's obviously
less wide than the 24 but better corrected wide open and perfectly
useable from F2.8. I have pretty good shots wide open from the 1999
Leonid meteor shower.

Ralf