Re: [OM] IMG: Testing IBIS

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Testing IBIS
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 14:04:06 -0400
Good results on an interesting test. But IBIS is much improved on MFT cameras now doing 5 axis.

Chuck Norcutt

On 10/14/2016 11:44 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
My Olympus E-510, which I haven't used much in recent years, has "In
Body Image Stabilization", or IBIS.  Because of that fact, I have paired
it up with the Leica Elmarit-R 90mm recently for butterfly photos.
While the CMOS sensor is only 10MP, it works well for closeups.

During a slow point in the Denver-San Diego football game last night, I
decided to see how well the IBIS system worked.  I shot some hand-held
screen shots, using Aperture Preferred automatic exposure.  This worked
out to be ISO 100, 1/13 sec at f/4, using the 90mm lens.

Except for the movement of the Closed Caption "crawler", the remainder
of the image is acceptably sharp.  I was impressed.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Thursday+Night+Football.tif.html

Please view LARGE.