Re: [OM] Who's using what? (OM - OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Who's using what? (OM - OT)
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 21:32:18 -0500
Here is the direct link the the source.

https://explorecams.com/stats/top/models

I really have a problem with this. The identified sources of images
are Flickr, 500px and Pixabay, Flickr is cratering fast for most users
and has become a restricted haven for frustrated wannabe boy racers
and porn stars. 500px is a "crop cameras need not apply" playground.
And Pixabay is a stock photo (microstock giveaway) site. By no means
is it a properly balanced analysis.

The other thing that makes it off is that 12% of all the photographs
are taken with the 5D mk2, 5D mk3 and the 6D. The TOP THREE cameras
are these three? Seriously? While every "best dressed" photographer is
likely toting one, this stat makes it a non-starter for me because
other, more fair analysis shows that crop-sensor'd cameras are the top
producers.

The fact that Olympus and Panasonic are no-shows on this list proves a
sampling bias. This just doesn't smell right. On the other hand, I've
been quite prolific with the 6D and this particular one has over
250,000 shutter actuations, so....

BTW, an observation from my travels: Until two years ago, EVERYBODY
and their DOG was shooting Canons. Last week, in the U.P., of the many
dozens of serious photographers (those carrying tripods), nearly all
were shooting Nikons. I saw a couple of Sonys and a handful of Canons
and Olympus. The Olympus, Sony and Canon count were about the same,
with Nikons owning the week. I almost felt inferior. (almost--I had
the better lenses, though). Easily 3/4 of the cameras were Nikons. Of
the bridge cameras, it was almost exclusively Sony and Fuji.

While I was obviously from the wrong side of the tracks with my choice
of camera, I didn't see anybody else throwing theirs into the water
like I did.

AG Schnozz