Re: [OM] PSTCRD: The Douro Valley -CHUCK

Subject: Re: [OM] PSTCRD: The Douro Valley -CHUCK
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 19:02:51 +0200
>From the description I read here
http://www.wine.com/v6/Fonseca-Bin-No-27-Port/wine/1515/Detail.aspx?state=CA
it is of the kind I would certainly like to share with you as I tend to like
Port with a plum flavor.

Now, the "special" ones start at a slightly higher price point.
LVB here
http://www.wine.com/v6/Fonseca-Late-Bottled-Vintage-2009/wine/125967/Detail.aspx?ct=12565&iid=Recommendation:FromDetail

But the top wine (Vintage) reaches more than €1,500 for some, untasted by me to
this day … - the oldest and most expensive vintage I tasted was circa €250 for
70cc).
Contrary to the standard "stabilized" tawnies and rubies, vintage ports don't
keep once the bottle has been opened (6 to 12 hours maximum) AND keep maturing
in the unopened bottle.

Of course, taste varies from one person to another. And like with HIFI
equipment, the ratio taste/price is logarithmic … twice as good means ten times
as expensive, or so.

Your health!

Amities
Philippe