Re: [OM] (A Lot of) OM Stuff For Sale (probably)

Subject: Re: [OM] (A Lot of) OM Stuff For Sale (probably)
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 22:57:46 -0500
The 21/2 is worth some going, it's phenomonal, maybe not as sharp as the 28/2 but damn close. And no, you can't have mine.

-----Original Message----- From: Ken Norton
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 10:23 PM
To: Olympus Camera Discussion

Yes with mag LV mapped to C1, waaay easier than focusing through OVF on OM5DII when stopped down. (easy on OM bodies of course) Mag LV seemed more accurate than focus peaking, but not sure about the focus peaking settings. IBIS would be welcome of course. Except on a tripod, the Sonny mirrorless is just a better digital back, IMO. I am glad Moose brought that along on his journey so could have some quality time with the A7 and a few OM lenses. Sonny has a "BIG" announcement 10/17. Rumor mill lists a bunch of possibilities, including an OMA9 or OMA7rIII.

I was highly blessed to be able to pick up my OM-6D for just over
$600. It has already earned its keep a few times around. But I'm very
much of the feeling that a live-view full-frame will be my next
purchase. I see no reason for optical viewfinder when there is
essentially no usable focusing aids and the screen is not designed to
be focused on anyway. I can usually get my way there, but it isn't
like using a real OM body with 2-13 screen.

As to the bag-o-stuff that KQ has, I can speak to the gloriousness of
the OM-3Ti, 28/2, 100/2 and 35-80. Also, the "lowly" 300/4.5 is an
extremely capable lens with a look/feel to the images that is
unmatched by other lenses. I really leaned on this lens a lot last
week. I got images that I never got before.

The 21/2 is the one lens that I'm slobbering like a fool over. But
something will probably have to go...

AG Schnozz