[OM] Recent activity notes, some OT

Subject: [OM] Recent activity notes, some OT
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 05:45:00 +1300

Hello all,

A new experience; yesterday I spent about 11 hours as a
film extra for a local company. Interesting but much boredom as I was
actually used for only about 3 hours of that time. The $180 pre-tax
remuneration made it worth while. I didn't 'need' the money, but many of
those present did. Quite a few gave up their normal day job in order to
take part.

2. Recently I had need to try the Zuiko 200/4 and 300/4.5
on the M5 for a subject about 1 km distant.

I found them very
disappointing. Difficult to focus, much ?chroma? green margins on items,
and not sharp. The kit tele lens (guessing 50 - 150) was much sharper.

3. I wanted to use my Zuiko 500/8 but search as I did I could not find
it. My conclusion is that it also must have evaporated in our house
fire. For the life of me I can not remember where I had it stored then.

I have used both the 200 and the 300 on the E1 and the E3 with
satisfactory results, so for me the mirror reflex cameras are 'it' for
those two lenses.

Brian