Re: [OM] OT: Scottish weather

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Scottish weather
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 07:19:54 +0100
That bit about synchrony is very interesting for me.  So South Australia didn’t
have the mix right, but it doesn’t mean that wind and other renewables
shouldn’t be part of it.

Another problem with wind is that it is the first part of the generating system
to be shut down when there is over-supply, and the providers have to be paid
when they are asked to shut down their turbines . . .

Chris