Re: [OM] film scanner parts from Germany

Subject: Re: [OM] film scanner parts from Germany
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 13:35:27 -0300
My enquiries on the list produced an unexpected off-list response from a listee in the mid-west. What looks to be an unused FH-835S 35mm film strip holder, in mint condition, arrived all boxed up on my front door step step this morning. I have written off-list expressing my gratitude for his kindness in parting company with his unused, or under utilized, holder for our agreed upon price. It will be put to very good use in my scanner!

What happened to my original holder is that, in all likelihood, it was damaged by Nikon Canada.

A few months ago my 9000 scanner, along with the original 35mm film holder jammed inside, went to Nikon Canada for repair. The scanner came back working just fine but the holder, which had previously worked properly, had had a very small sliver of plastic broken off the top left corner of the left side lock down window. The catch on the gate, in turn a very small protrusion of plastic, had nowhere to lock onto and as a result the gate remained loose on the left side. The right side lock down gate and window were working but were becoming less tight. A second jamming looked to be inevitable if the gate flipped up inside the scanner. A cursory examination of the holder might have suggested that the hinge mechanism holding the flip up gate in place on the main frame had worked loose through usage.

jh