Re: [OM] Good one

Subject: Re: [OM] Good one
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 17:17:24 +1100
>From memory it was stomach/bowel cancer.

...Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus
[mailto:olympus-bounces+wayne.harridge=structuregraphs.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
] On Behalf Of bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, 30 October 2016 11:54 AM
To: Olympus-List <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                 [1]

Rick wrote:

Do try to bugger on even with that terrible scuffed cover

Oh well, I shall !! Actually, as Rick has figured out, I was taking the P
Without loading batteries in it I figure it will work well. I remembered the
unsticking routine.
I already have a supply
of SR 77's or whatever the correct silver oxide batteries are.

The
whole set is in pretty nice condition; it deserves being used. And to cap it
off, I won an OM3 in the Californian Bay.
One came up being sold
by a Vietnam Vet who says he plays in the Bay to have some diversion from
his spouse. The photos were lousy, so I looked hard, and read his words.
He had it listed at a really nice (for me) price, so I bid on it.
And persuaded him that even though he didn't want to post outside the USA,
he would, since I asked.
I pulled out of the bidding when it went above the level I had set myself.
To my amazement, some days after the
sale had gone to someone else, I received a "second chance" notification
from the Bay.
The winning bidder had failed to go through with the sale, so the seller
offered it to me at the opening value, presumably because I was the opening
bidder - or something like that.

OM3i's are too
expensive even now, and as far as I remember the main difference between the
3 and the 3i is that the 3 just eat batteries too fast.
So I'll just
take them out when not in use !!

"I must use film again" Brian

And to
respond to Wayne's question, Yes I still have the Obsession 6x17 and have
been seriously thinking about putting film through it again.
I do
have a good light meter for which I obtained the kit that enables me to get
the correct reading in the absence of mercury batteries.
Sad news
about the passing it its creator. I did know about 3 years ago that he had
some serious ailment like or = cancer.

Links:
------
[1]