Re: [OM] Some combinations just work

Subject: Re: [OM] Some combinations just work
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 17:00:31 -0500
That's an interesting study. While my only Oly lenses are designed for 4/3, I am still interested in your results.

To me, it would seem that, if you are willing to forgo the fastest lenses, and compensate with an ISO boost, you have the best of both worlds, unless you face one of those rare situations where the subject demands very shallow DoF. And I have learned from my short time using the Leica Elmarit-R 90, and even the Macro Elmarit-R 60, that, given proper separation from the background, f/2.8 can produce great bokeh.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA