Re: [OM] ZuikoFest 2017 - Eclipse

Subject: Re: [OM] ZuikoFest 2017 - Eclipse
From: Bill Barber via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 08:10:13 -0400
Cc: Bill Barber <nsurit@xxxxxxx>
Hmm, so if you had 4 people in your vehicle you might be hitting 112 PMPG
(Passenger Miles Per Gallon.) Not bad, however mine would only get about 82
PMPG. At full capacity I could hit 143.5 PMPG however the folks in the back
seat would not be as comfortable as the other 4. They would have there
entertainment screen which might make it a little more comfortable. After
decades of driving Suburbans, I moved up to a GMC Denali Yukon XL, which at
250,000 miles I just recently traded in on a Cadillac ESV. Pretty nice 4 wheel
drive ride. Won't be doing any off roading, however will be able to deal with
the snow when traveling in areas that have it.

Now, to a more serious topic.  Zuikofests are good for both your mental and
physical health. Spending a few days in the wilderness with somewhat like
minded folks kinda flushes all the systems and renews ones outlook. Speaking of
flushing, I'll bring a good supply of 2-ply for those who experienced the Isle
Royale adventure or heard about it.  I'll also bring some tools which use
various sizes of film capture material.

Bill Barber

I'll probably be travelling in "Air BMW". :)  Luxury SUV, but not so
much a gas hog with 24-28 MPG average.