Re: [OM] Milestone

Subject: Re: [OM] Milestone
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 21:06:09 -0600
>      I was hoping that Bernie would be chosen as the VP candidate, which
> would have kept most of his supporters.  Instead, it's very likely that they
> went towards alternative candidates, thus diluting the Democratic vote.  I
> got the impression that Kaine was chosen as he spoke fluent Spanish and would
> therefore attract Hispanic voters.

So, we did a post mortem in our household. There were THREE very
enthusiastic Bernie supporters who participated in the Iowa Caucus.
(first in the nation to cast our "votes" in the primary/caucus
season). Of those three, in the general election, one voted Trump, and
the other two voted Jill Stein. Hillary was 0 for 3.

The fourth person in our household is a Republican. Well, nobody is perfect.

Anyway, the story of our household is NOT uncommon in Iowa. The
majority of people who came out for Bernie, ended up either supporting
somebody else or staying home. And many actually voted for Trump for
the very same reason--outsider candidate.

What really fried our goats was how much the system was stacked in
Hillary's favor an entire year in advance. She never even announced
her candidacy until the super delegates were locked up and she had a
commitment from the DNC to avoid a challenger of significance. The
head of the Iowa DNC was not only a Hillary committed super-delegate,
but had "HRC 2016" as her license plate. Is it any wonder that the
Iowa Caucus from manipulated to have Hillary win by the equivalent of
seven votes?

We Bernie Supporters didn't forget it and when the Donna Brazile
revelation came out, it was curtains. What cranks me up is that when
Ms. DB fed the CNN debate questions to HRC ahead of time, the response
wasn't one of "we can't do this, we need to be ethical" or something
like that, but one of "thank you".

Illegal? No. Unethical behavior? You betcha.

And because of all that, we end up with Trump. Thanks a lot, HRC/DNC/NYT.

AG Schnozz