Re: [OM] Shutter to think about the E-M1 Mk11?

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter to think about the E-M1 Mk11?
From: Dharma Singh <dharmasingh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 05:09:04 +0100
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
There are a few *Olympus sneak previews *as they call it here in The
Netherlands and I visited one of them last Saturday.
Introduction of the new E-MimkII and the 3 new lenses.

Very impressed by the new camera [what a heck :) of a body], but my
E-M5mkII is for the time being still good enough [and a the moment I don't
want to spend almost €2000 for a new toy, as I'm a amateur and don't have
the possibility to earn this money back].
I spend some time outside with the 12-100 and as the weather was far from
good, I had to raise the ISO to a fairly high because of the f4 maximal
aperture.
The lens is working smoothly and is quite quick and without being noisy.
I'm not considering buying the lens, because the 12-40mm 2.8 is almost
glued to my own camera and on my other body I use the 75mm 1.8 and 60m 2.8
macro.
Very seldom I use the 75-300mm mkII, only when I have no possibility to get
closer to my subject.
On our own eBay owned Marktplaats I've already seen people wanting to sell
there 12-40 pro and 40-150 pro lenses to be able to buy this new 12-100.

The 25mm 1.2 is wonderful, but again to expensive for me and I have no
special use for it at the moment.

The 30mm 3.5 macro made me happy and in fact I already own it [for €279].
I think it will become the most overlooked one of the new lenses but in
fact it's a very nice affordable macro and general lens.

So far my limited impressions, but don't take my word fot it 😀

​