Re: [OM] OT: high-end compacts?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: high-end compacts?
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 13:09:30 -0600
I have owned and used both a Leica IIIG and still own my XA. I can assure you that they are birds of a very different feather. The Leica was an ok camera with a marginal VF and a pain to load, that was capable of making fine images with a variety of lenses, but couldn't fit in a pocket. Is that a Leica in your pocket or are you just glad to see me? The XA, on the other hand was unobtrusive, capable of shooting well above average photos, and fairly easy to load, and would fit in most any pants pocket. Despite the 35mm lens (to me, the 35mm focal length was too much a mash-up of both fish and fowl) and were I still in a position to process my own film, I would still be using it.

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Nichols