[OM] BUGs! was[Shutter to think about the E-M1 Mk11?]

Subject: [OM] BUGs! was[Shutter to think about the E-M1 Mk11?]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 21:40:38 -0800
On 11/9/2016 10:27 PM, Dharma Singh wrote:
Buggy Moose,
Till now I couldn't find any bugs with this lens; of course you're right,
but it doesn't bother me, because I also own the 60mm macro.

Not concerned with the bugs Dharma

I have the 60/2.8 Macro, as well. A very fine macro lens - for the kind of work I used to do with macro lenses on film. I do have a plan to photograph some tiny still lifes, using focus bracketing, and the 60/2.8 should figure prominently.

For what I do in the field so often now, not enough working distance. 400 mm (800 mm eq.) is lots better for some subjects. Not just because some can sting and they often leave if I get too close, but because it's often, as below, not possible to get physically close enough for a conventional macro FL.

Not often do I get two such different species in the same place - and the same plane of focus. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=21105>

These flowers were swarming with wasps, bees and the odd fly. I managed a good
capture of one of the bees.

<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=21108>There were often multiple insects on one flower, with the wasps in the majority . Here, two of the wasps. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=21110>

Stinging Moose