Re: [OM] BUGs! was[Shutter to think about the E-M1 Mk11?]

Subject: Re: [OM] BUGs! was[Shutter to think about the E-M1 Mk11?]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 15:13:39 -0800
I like 6795 best--Hmm,  no stack or diopter use?

Nope, straight shot, not even quite at closest focus, 1.8 m vs. 1.3 m. So a + 1.5 diopter (667 mm FL) would not have focused.

It looks really close because it's a 100% crop. Tall plants, dense on the ground and if I went in the planting area, I couldn't get a proper angle for shots. I really couldn't get closer and get better shots. In the meantime, the blooms were alive with many, many critters busily flitting about.

DOF seems a tad too deep for one shot.

Lucky shot, in that the body was parallel to the plane of focus. And then there may have been some selective multilevel use of deconvolution. ;-)

Exposure  of that one at EV 16.33 or 15.33  or sunny 16 at ISO 100.  Very
little light loss from extension. Perhaps underexposed a tad to preserve
highlights or diopter used at infinity?

HUH? I think you attribute more thought and intention to me than is deserved. :-) Just my default bright day setting of - 2/3 EV. I might know what those EV numbers you give mean, if I think about it, but certainly not when wandering about in the field. I just know from much experience that - 2/3 EV will generally nail highlights in that sort of light and the shadows will pull up nicely at low ISOs. Beyond that, actual exposure is up to the camera.

Flowers were very bright white, bee much darker. Histo just kissed the top for the brightest bits, I pulled shadows up +65 in ACR and brightened the midtones of the bee a bit more with masked Curves in PS.

Had I been able to use the 5T and get closer, it would be a better bee, but
that was not to be.

B. B. Moose