Re: [OM] First Switzerland installment--one shot on topic

Subject: Re: [OM] First Switzerland installment--one shot on topic
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 20:20:54 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
jh writes:

<<Was the tracking of those co-ordinates a feature of each camera or did you
carry a GPS device from which those co-ordinates were obtained?

Thanks for looking and commenting.

 Most were geotagged using an I-got u which I wore on my hat--it is waterproof
even in driving rain.  The battery is about shot--I had to charge it up mid day
a few times
with a spare battery I kept in my pack..  If you had it on battery save mode
and sync every 40 sec or so, previously would last almost a week.  After over 5
years of service, it doesn't owe me anything.  I sometimes would use my phone
to easily tag the film shots or if there were several landmarks I could just
ask Marnie later and she could pinpoint the spot on the map in Geosetter.
GT-120 only tags the jpegs but can tag the matching raw files with Geosetter.
Moose's baby Garmin may be more than tad a more accurate but this thing has
been bomb proof. One can sync with multiple cams w/o running down the  cam
batteries if the cam(s) has a gps chip.  Not sure what to do now that I need to
replace it.

http://global.mobileaction.com/product/product_i-gotU_USB.jsp

Where is, Mike