[OM] IMG: From a Smokey Airport

Subject: [OM] IMG: From a Smokey Airport
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 15:23:22 -0600
The extreme drought in East Tennessee and Western North Carolina has resulted in extensive wild fires, and the smoke has invaded our area. It is clearly visible when looking at buildings less than a mile away across the airport.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Smoke+_amp_+Haze+at+the+Airport.tif.html

This local pilot is preflighting his aircraft for a trip to Winston Salem, NC. He says from 14,000 ft, the only visibility is straight down.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cessna+340+Preflight+Inspection.tif.html

The pretty Cessna 340 RAM Conversion is ready to crank. The color change at the rear window was not noticeable when I was around the airplane. I think the change in taper of the fuselage causes the light to strike the skin differently aft of that point.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cessna+RAM+340.tif.html

One thing that I noted about this J8 lens is that there is absolutely no distortion.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA