[OM] OT: Annoying Firefox Problem

Subject: [OM] OT: Annoying Firefox Problem
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 09:39:15 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've recently encountered an annoying problem with Firefox that I cannot
resolve by way of online resources.  Every so often, I'll launch Firefox and
find that the bookmarks have been corrupted.  They are never deleted or
modified, but instead are randomly moved around.  This can take on several
forms:

1.   The bookmarks in a given folder are scrambled out of order.

2.   One or more bookmarks are moved to a different folder.

3.   An entire folder is moved and becomes a subfolder within another folder.

     I've done a startup virus scan with no results.  If I try to find help
online I just get endless hits of instructions for manually moving bookmarks
either within Firefox or from Firefox to another browser.

     I'm going to do a safe mode malware scan, which will take more than an
hour.  In the meantime, I figured that someone on this list may have
encountered this and knows of a solution.

     Please, no replies about operating systems.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson