[OM] Nathan's PAD 29/11/2016: three vignettes from Padova

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 29/11/2016: three vignettes from Padova
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 19:33:44 +0100
I am spending most of this week on a business trip to Milan. I took advantage
of the opportunity to spend a night in Padova, visiting a friend. I had never
been there before. The city is breathtakingly beautiful. In my estimation, it
beats both Rome and Florence in this regard. I spend this morning walking
around the city and touring the university, one of the oldest in Europe, before
taking the train to Milan. Three vignettes from this morning’s walk.

Two ladies on Via Cesarotti:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-f2g6Tdx/A

I have seen many beautiful squares in the world, but I cannot think of any that
surpasses Prato della Valle in Padova:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LfSzrgd/A

Bridge:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-VQTCR52/A

The square also had a nice little food market where I bought a kilo of
excellent organic apples for €1.80, and of course several cafés, in one of
which I warmed up with an excellent capuccino.

Incidentally, I have gone back to Leica M8 for this trip, as I am temporarily
Fuji-less at the moment (in the middle of upgrading from X-T1 to T2). It works
great as long as there is good light. I also have the little Ricoh GRII with
me, of course.

MUCH more to come.

Cheers,
Nathan