Re: [OM] Moose and Carol visit

Subject: Re: [OM] Moose and Carol visit
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 12:04:37 -0800
On 12/1/2016 11:33 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Hi Moose,

Enjoyed your images.

Thanks!

Is there a water tower on the island? The shape looks like it could be the top of a water tower, and the height seems about right.

And more thanks; you've got it! I looked on Google Maps, but only at the N.
end. There is indeed a water tower further S.

Having grown up where the Sierra Nevada Mtns. and local hills serve the function, so there are no water towers, I tend not to think of them. Come to think of it, there are at least one tank, on top of the ridge behind us, and a couple of small reservoirs below us. But the tank is painted brown and hidden in a stand of trees and the reservoirs are covered, one with a baseball field on top of it. The other had a shallow lake on top - so it looked like a reservoir when it had rained. It's now being rebuilt, so I don't know what it will look like when finished.

Enlightened Moose