Re: [OM] Panasonic GM5 -- Suitable for Left-Eyed Users?

Subject: Re: [OM] Panasonic GM5 -- Suitable for Left-Eyed Users?
From: "CyberSimian" <OlySimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 23:07:04 -0000
ChrisB wrote:
I’m not left-eyed, CyberSimian, but it seems pretty comfortable to me when
I try with my left eye ... the GM5 seems to have a EVF which protrudes
sufficiently for a comfortable view with my left eye with plenty of space
for my nose.

Thanks Chris (although I realise that ultimately the proof of the pudding is
in the eating).

Moose wrote:
Like Chris, I'm right eyed. I tried it with my left eye. I wear glasses,
including when I'm shooting, and with them, it's really fine; my nose
doesn't touch the camera. Sans glasses, it's doesn't feel bad, but I would
end up smudging the LCD (which is all smudged, anyway.)

I too wear glasses to spot the photographic opportunities, but then I remove
them to take the photograph.  I keep a pair of glasses pre-fitted with a
spectacle cord, so that the spectacles hang from my neck while the camera is
at my eye.  Like these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Glasses-Spectacle-Holder-Laynard/dp/4954014360/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1480632905&sr=8-2&keywords=spectacle+cords

Mike Gordon wrote:
I think it is just fine for us left- eyed shooters. I strongly prefer use of the
http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-S-Panasonic-LUMIX-view-finder-DMW-EC2-for-LUMIX-DMC-GM5-From-Japan-eye-cup/111596522326 Eye cup--(DMW EC2).

Crikey! 46 US dollars for an eyecup!

-- from CyberSimian in the UK