Re: [OM] LED Stage Lighting and UV

Subject: Re: [OM] LED Stage Lighting and UV
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 17:29:11 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Dr. LED wrote:
<The article discusses the phosphor stability and temperature issues and that
is
<a real problem for color temperature of LED monitors for graphic art and
<photography applications.There is quite a bit of gamesmanship too as vendors
<often measure LED efficacy and CRI while LED is new and it can change quite a
<bit in the first few hundred hours of burn in.

Thanks for commenting--read the whole post with interest. Good to see an EE
view of the matter though I inadvertently hijacked
the thread due to limited understanding of stage lighting.  My experience as
well  with the single phosphor  warm white LED has not been good.
The price/color quality seem to be improving at good clip--very noticeable even
in the past year.

Mike