Re: [OM] Advice on OM 7 ??

Subject: Re: [OM] Advice on OM 7 ??
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 20:15:11 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
I'll leave the fine wine tasting on which Zuiko's are best on digital to
Ken ;-).

<<<<His take so far has been that it's different for different sensor/bodies.

May definitely vary even with the OM A7 bodies especially with the WA Zuikos.
The corner detail/color smearing is especially prominent with RF WA lenses with
short exit pupil distances to the sensor but still occurs with some  WA film
lenses.

The OM A7RII has less of an issue with its BSI design but still has a few
issues with pixel peepers with the C/Y 35-70 and probably WA Zuikos but I am
not 100% sure of the latter.  I have never seen a table of Zuiko exit pupil
distances.

Variables: to consider are:

1) Difference between actual stack thickness and designed stack thickness.
(zero for film)
 2) Exit pupil distance (shorter distance gives more problems)
 3) Aperture (wider aperture gives more problems)
 4) Angle of view (wide angle gives more problems)

One can get a Kolari mod of the sensor if one wishes to be compulsive with
little effect on native lens performance but there are a few things required
extra in  PP.  Prolly a better idea if one also had a stable of Leica RF lenses.

Mike