Re: [OM] OT: Protecting my email from spammers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Protecting my email from spammers
From: "piers@xxxxxxxx" <piers.hemy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 12:40:04 +0000
I too use Gmail for most inbound mail, despite appearance to the contrary,
but tend to register on websites using addresses on my hemy.org domain
which link directly and uniquely to the website on which I have registered.
Thus were I to register on www.abcdef.com, I would use abcdef@xxxxxxxx as
my email address. I can therefore see where the spam originates, and almost
all which is not captured by Gmail filters is from a handful of websites
which have either sold on my address, or have had it stolen thence. It's
usually easy to see which is which, but all end up as blocked senders.
Very little gets through to my primary address, which I use on this list.
That may tell us something about how we are perceived by spammers!
Spam is not something to be worried about IME, there are other nasties more
hazardous.

Piers