[OM] Nathan's PAD 18/12/2016: the storm continues

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 18/12/2016: the storm continues
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 06:02:05 +0100
This was the first weekend I can remember in my 9+ years in Alicante where both
days were washed out. Yesterday morning the cabin fever got to me, so I drove
to the centre to go for a walk in the rain. The combination of wind and rain
made for some photogenic scenes, and I have rarely seen our streets so
deserted. A few images:

The seaside promenade, Esplanada de España, completely empty:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-4kSMkpq/A

Playa de Postiguet, the main beach in downtown Alicante:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-wSRn4Wc/A

Waves coming in at the Playa de Postiguet:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-QFmHp4f/A

On the way home, I made a small detour towards a beachside hotel. The road was
barely passable:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-kxSffsZ/A

As I write this early Monday morning, it is still thundering and raining
outside, but today should be the last day of bad weather this time around.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain