Re: [OM] Everything is broken

Subject: Re: [OM] Everything is broken
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 19:55:22 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
The Moose Array reminds me of one of my favorite speakers. The BOSE
802,

Still like my DQ-10's after a bit of refurb/nice couple of subs. Very power
hungry and has the horiz array requiring a bit of space to be in the sweet
area.  The speaker has an  interesting history  that involved of the
collaboration of a talented young (at the time) engineer Jon Dahlquist  and
Saul Marantz who was  noted to be  respect aeronautical engineer who had been
working on the lunar landing module.  The story goes  after a quick meeting
Marantz sensed his talent and immediately formed a partnership with him.
 In 1972 the Dahlquist speaker corporation was born, although it wasn't until
1973 that they introduced their defining product, the DQ-10.

According to Regnar, the DQ-10 was a very labor intensive speaker to build,
most notably, the grills which were quite unique for their day, during a time
when mass production technology wasn't available. One can still get parts from
them and refurb kits or one can send them in for a total refresh for mucho
dinero .

I have the DQ10A's  with the yellow caps and  mirror image stands.

In phase, Mike