Re: [OM] IMGS: Farm Animals

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Farm Animals
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 10:44:17 -0600
> Still playing with my 50/1.4.  Still loving it.  My 24-90 is on the truck
> for delivery today after being repaired in Germany.

Funny thing, that 50/1.4...

I'm noticing something in your pictures that is jumping out at me.
Especially since I just got done shooting a bunch of cute pictures of
our dog with it.

That 50/1.4 has similar bokeh and 3d characteristics to the OM Zuiko
35-80/2.8 zoom. While your lens has the advantage of going brighter,
the Zuiko goes a little longer. But even so, comparing the f2.8 shots,
I'm seeing a distinct similarity. Uncanny, really. And that, dear
Tina, is a good thing. This lens purchase of yours meets my approval.
(like you were needing my approval--snark).

I'm not saying that the 35-80/2.8 is "as good" as your 50/1.4,
although, it is high up the food chain, but it has that same
look-and-feel to the images.

Me likes it.

AG Schnozz