Re: [OM] IMGS: Facial Recognition Focusing

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Facial Recognition Focusing
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 16:10:38 -0600
> The damn fool who crashed a lorry into the crowd killing dozens in Nice last
> July also felt free and was featured 11 times on CCTV before committing that
> slaughter, though.
>
> To everyone their own conclusions about CCTV I think.

So far, they've been great tools for determining what happened
after-the-fact. But it's only a small step from prosecution to
prevention, and when it comes to prevention, who is watching the
watchers?

The other big problem with these cameras everywhere is that it isn't
just the government watching us, but anybody who can gain access to
the systems.

AG Schnozz