Re: [OM] IMGS: SL Summilux

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: SL Summilux
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 10:19:24 -0600
Hi Tina,

There certainly is not enough barrel distortion to bother the normal photographer, but that may result from corrections made by the firmware of the lens and camera. It doesn't prove that the lens optics are free of distortion.

My Fuji 35mm f/2 lens does have optical barrel distortion. It doesn't bother Nathan and others who use software which includes lens corrections, but it does bug me, as I have to run the file through a lens correction program before using it.

With your workflow, I see no problems whatever.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA