Re: [OM] Holiday Message From Our House

Subject: Re: [OM] Holiday Message From Our House
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 16:37:34 -0800
On 12/26/2016 10:54 AM, Mike Gordon via olympus wrote:
Nice, Moose.  Reminds me that at least we have a few cardinals that hang out
back all winter.  I like the red contrast against the white snow.

Oddly enough, the only place where I've seen a fill red cardinal is SE Arizona.

Suspect the GX7 doesn't get out to play much anymore, if you still have it,
that is.

Nope, gone to KEH in the sky, along with the early Pens, 5D and 60D. I hope
they have found nice new homes.

I liked the GX7 as a companion to the E-M5, but it wasn't up to the 'II'. The GX8 got fat. I wouldn't mind so much, in exchange for lens/body IS sync on the 100-400, but I wouldn't be happy without HR and Focus Bracketing Modes.

The GM5 still gets a lot of play. It's got it's own little group of buddies. In addition to the 12-32 and 35-100, I very much enjoyed the 14-140 on our travels, and was impressed with the results. The non-OIS Oly 14-150 has also left the building.

I've always thought it quirky that Panny's primes didn't have OIS. Using them on most Panny bodies then means giving up part of the speed paid for. But the 42.5 mm ones do, and the f1.7 reviews show it slightly better than the Oly 45/1.8. so one arrived for Christmas. If it pans out, the Oly will have to find a new home. Hauling an Oly Pen around just to have IS for casual portraits, but no EVF, has been bugging me.

And it's hard to believe how good the 42.5/1.7 looks on the GM5. Miles more
stylish than Oly 45/1.8 on E-PL6 :-)

Switching Gear Moose