[OM] High Speed Trains

Subject: [OM] High Speed Trains
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 12:20:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Virtually every nation in western Europe has high speed (HST) rail
service.  Japan and South Korea have HSTs  China has the fastest passenger
trains, the Harmony Express, as well as the first magrail train in Shanghai.
South Africa has one in Johannesburg.  Now Morocco has initiated their own TGV
(French) HST service:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-38471392

     So where does the rich, powerful, high-tech US fit into all this with the
65MPH Acella?  It falls into the "cruel joke" category.

     Out here, I can drive to Las Vegas almost as fast as I could fly, and I
don't have to worry about being strip-searched.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson