Re: [OM] Last flutterbys of 2016

Subject: Re: [OM] Last flutterbys of 2016
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 14:43:45 -0800
Thanks for looking Fluttering Moose.  Certainly you are correct about a bit too
narrow dof with the distal part of the forewing and antennae and perhaps all
the issues.
It is clear I did not perfectly parallel the subject either.  It was odd though
that I could see the scales on he hind wing yet the wing detail was blurred. I
did clean that up as best I could with R-L deconvolution.

So what I see is post clean-up, and my conclusions might be suspect. But, hey,
that's all I had to go on.

The critter was quiet but postulated the ambient exposure was a tad blurred due
to cam motion yet the scales visible from the short flash exposure.   Perhaps
not.  I  really love stacked flutterby shots when they work--I think you said
the  E-M5II can even  stack with flash

Not really suitable for most live subjects. It is indeed possible to set a delay between shots for flash recharge, but then a stack takes quite some time. Another case where continuous light might be better.

It's hard to describe how freeing and flexible is it to hold a light, cool, powerful light source in one hand, adjusting brightness and angle as desired.

--just not with Big Foot. :-(

Yeah, I'm encountering a similar problem just now myself.

Have a great New Year and I trust Carol will be fluttering about normally soon.

More steps, literally, have been taken. She had her first physical therapy session Wednesday. She can now 'walk' with a walker, so she only puts maybe 25% weight on that foot, still in its walking support boot. Pretty exciting stuff, seeing her walk by this morning.

All forward from here.

Alternative Light Moose