[OM] Nathan's PAD 1/1/2017: welcoming 2017 in Alicante

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 1/1/2017: welcoming 2017 in Alicante
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 20:15:22 +0100
We celebrated the changeover with our usual group of friends, except that we
were dressed nicer than usual ;-) I have selected four representative images
from the evening. Even though this is designed as today’s PAD, in fact the
first two images were taken last year (but within the last hour of Dec. 31st)
and the other two during the first hour of January.

The food was contributed by all of us; some was homemade, some bought (like the
foie), all delicious:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-QncKLFm/A
<http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-QncKLFm/A>

Iñaki and Elio get ready to open the champagne just before midnight. In Spain,
the toast is made a few minutes AFTER midnight; during the actual changeover
(i.e. as the clock strikes midnight), we eat the “uvas de suerte”, (grapes of
luck), one grape for each strike of the bell.
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-qhtjBkh/A
<http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-qhtjBkh/A>

A portrait of yours truly and his two women. It is a selfie, but not with a
phone—I used the Ricoh GR which does double duty as my cycling camera and party
camera:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-jnmNtWk/A
<http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-jnmNtWk/A>

And finally my favourite image of the evening, channelling Philippe and his
fuzzylogics. I like it because, despite (or perhaps because of) its lack of
sharpness, it conveys the atmosphere better than any of the other photos I shot:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-KsSNMbq/A
<http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-KsSNMbq/A>

Cheers,
Nathan