[OM] News Flash

Subject: [OM] News Flash
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 14:25:59 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
While investigating flash options for GM-5 found that Nissin seems to be the
first to tackle RADIO- triggered TTL flash for MFT.  Many choices for Can/Nik
for quite awhile but not for MFT, AFAIK.
There is no Air 1 receiver  module yet for MFT that would turn MOST Oly flashes
into  radio -controlled wireless TTL flash.

i40 seems to be smallest flash for Panny that I can find for GM-5 that will
swivel, but no i40a with built in receiver is made as of yet.  i60a is slightly
larger but has higher GN and the receiver.  There are no clear thyrister auto
modes--the "A" on the dial is just TTL  w/o ability to do FEC--weird design,
IMO.   I still like the standard flash tube vs LED to help freeze motion and
allow for slower SS.  My Metz is just too big and oddly can't dial in quite
enough negative FEC.
This model doesn't do TTL with modifiers and blocks more neg FEC if it thinks
direct flash can't be quenched in time---too smart for its own good.

I  optimally desire  a small flash that could swivel and be used on Panny/Oly/
Sonny at least in  an auto  mode.  I don't think that will ever happen but
could likely use it on a bracket on different bodies if the Air1 receiver
choices
are fleshed out with more models.

Missing Dr. Flash, Mike