Re: [OM] Short Term or Long View

Subject: Re: [OM] Short Term or Long View
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 22:33:23 -0800
On 1/5/2017 8:00 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
Exactly four years ago, I acquired Jan's OMZ 28/2 lens. This lens, as
you all know, is staggeringly good. The angels did sing, good. For the
semi-mortals, I consider the 28/2, 100/2 and 35-80/2.8 as the
enchilada platter of lenses for the OM system. (let me guess, Moose
doesn't like enchiladas?)

He likes 'em fine. He just doesn't shoot OM but once in a blue moon, when a fit
overtakes him.

. . .

So, all that said, here is the question. Do I keep the 28/2 for the
long view, knowing that my kit WILL eventually change? Or do I sell it
because it serves no real purpose in my kit at this time? Of course,
the risk is that the next FF digital camera will be better or worse
with the 28/2. I can't have a lens that is ONLY good on film bodies--I
need to carry just one set of lenses around that work on both formats.
(4/3 is specializing with kit zooms, macros and also the super-teles).

I'm with Mike. The only "Law" applying is one you made up. You've already spent more time fretting about it than is justified.

I know that I will never buy another 28/2 again if I sell this one,

Hahahahahahahaha

but I'm not sure that it makes sense to sell it even though it isn't
one of my primary go-to lenses today. I'm very glad that I did buy it,
but not convinced that four years later I should keep it.

Maybe I should just glue it to a camera for a few weeks and shoot the
snot out of it.

Or put it in a drawer and see what happens in the future.

Wait and See Moose