[OM] E6 Home processing

Subject: [OM] E6 Home processing
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 14:39:04 +0100
Hi all,
I'm continuing to shot anything serious on slide film only (Velvia). Apart
from film price constantly going up, my main concern is the development.
The price is going up as well, but unfortunately the quality of the
outcome is going down, At first I had to resort to a development only from
the lab with the hassle of doing all the cuts, but now the quality is so
low that every processed film contains some small or even heavy scratches.
Since I shot slides film mainly for the joy of projection and not for
scanning, this is a big problem. So as a last resort I'm contemplating of
doing the E6 process at home.
My plan is to buy an used Jobo processor, CPE2 or CPP2 with a lift, and
use the Tetenal 3-bath E6 processing kit. Can anyone on the list offer me
some advice? For example about processing time, as I've seen various
numbers, but also on reusability or storing of the chemicals. My main
concern is that I read that Velvia should not be processed with the
Tetenal 3-bath kit, is this true? as the other kits are harder to get here
(and pricier also).
Thanks in advance,
Ralf