Re: [OM] Christmas Present

Subject: Re: [OM] Christmas Present
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 15:40:43 -0800
On 1/15/2017 5:03 AM, ChrisB wrote:
I nipped into Cambridge yesterday to spend a book voucher that I received for Christmas.  I
found a Photoshop book, “The Photoshop Workbook" by Glyn Dewis.  I know that I
could probably have found out stuff by searching the Internet, but I do like a book.

But no layers were abused in the making of this week’s collection of images:

http://cbimages.uk <http://cbimages.uk/>

Nice, but a shame about the layers. I prefer to refer to use of them as badly
needed exercise. :-)

Unlike Nathan, I do fiddle with my photos, but only cropping, exposure, LCR and
sharpening (that’s not much, is it?).

There are tricks that I don't think of as cheating, as they reproduce what my eyes see, rather than what the camera sees. I think the Shuttleworth House image could be better with a properly exposed moon. When viewing such a scene, our irises react so quickly that we see both tonal detail in the moon and in the rest of the scene.

The trick is to take two shots, one exposed for foreground and one for moon, then superimpose the moon on the rest. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Lunacy&image=_1140127-8cr.jpg>

Looney Moose