Re: [OM] Tina's Kodachrome scans

Subject: Re: [OM] Tina's Kodachrome scans
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 17:03:31 -0500
Kodachrome was my favorite film up until Kodak sold the processing to
Qualex who managed to ruin at least 20% of the film I sent them.  I gave up
on Kodachrome very reluctantly and switched to E6 films that I could
develop myself.  It was never the same as Kodachrome, though, and those 30
year old slides are just as brilliant today as the day I took them.  I have
hundreds of thousands of them in my files with the date stamped on the side
of the slide mount.  It's not the same as digital.  Not necessarily better
in every way but different for sure.

Tina

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Thanks, Ken!  It has taken me lots of trial and error to learn how to
> scan
> > Kodachrome.  I still don't get it right all the time but I like the skin
> > tones I've been getting lately.
>
> Not just the skin tones. Everything about them is wonderful. While
> I've never been much of a Kodachrome fan, myself, I will admit that
> there is a look to them that when nailed (as you have), is
> unattainable with digital.
>
> AG
> --

Tina Manley