Re: [OM] USB-C Cables

Subject: Re: [OM] USB-C Cables
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 17:52:04 -0500
I really wasn't too happy about having to replace my Samsung Note 3,
as it still probably has another year of life left in it. I've been
very happy with it, but we had to switch carriers. I liked the screen
size, a lot, and the battery life is exceptional. The new Motorola Z
Force Droid is actually a little longer than the Note 3, but a little
narrower. The Defender Otterbox made the Note 3 rather huge. I got the
Commuter Otterbox for the new phone and it's "just right". Because of
the Otterbox, the three year old Note 3 is in flawless physical
condition. Looks like the day it came out of the wrapper. But the
motion detectors are a little futzed out.

On a positive note, the Note 3 is still in the fold and is being
repurposed to video capture and a few other non-phone, but android
purposes. Like darkroom process timers and camera remote control. The
video camera function of the Note 3 is a little better than the new
Motorola, but the stills camera function in the Motorola is definitely
better.

I'm an Android geek. No temptation by that other company that makes
narcissistic phones.

As to your old Western Electric Candlestick phone, believe it or not,
but the ancient phones are still supported by the telephone system. In
fact, you can even order a telegraph circuit. from anywhere to
anywhere in this country. That may seem odd, but there are tens of
thousands still in use for telemetry and device control.

AG Schnozz