Re: [OM] Zone-10 review of the Motorola Moto Z Force Droid and Hasselbla

Subject: Re: [OM] Zone-10 review of the Motorola Moto Z Force Droid and Hasselblad True Zoom Camera
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 22:31:04 -0800
On 1/16/2017 6:52 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
http://zone-10.com/d1/node/246

Full review with image samples.

Now you've got me thinking - often a dangerous thing. ;-)

As it happens, I too have a camera that attaches to a Phone, or vice versa, but may be operated by the phone without being physically connected. With a much larger sensor and more Megapickles, IQ, esp @ higher ISOs will be better. But as shape and ergonomics are wildly different and it has interchangeable lenses, there's no easy way to compare them.

Then it struck me; the Hassy in use would mostly be carried separately and have to be pulled out and slapped on the phone to use it. One could just as easily carry a capable P&S, and just turn it on to use it.

The Panny ZS50 is smaller in L & W, but about twice as deep as the Hassy alone, and weighs more. OTOH, with Hassy on the Droid, they are exactly the same volume and the Panny is lighter.

Same size sensor, physical and MP; both shoot Raw. The Panny's 24-720 eq. zoom range is much longer than the Hassy's 25-250. The Panny can be remotely controlled from either Android or iOS devices. You can set it on a little tripod*, and shoot it from a distance. From what you say in your review, I'd guess the excellent Panny OIS is better.

Clincher - The Panny doesn't become obsolete with a phone upgrade/switch.

Yet another recent Hassy camera that's more curiosity than practical device. I think their elves may be smoking something funny. Fun ideas and style, but . . .

Yet another potential GAS problem relieved. :-)

GAS-X Moose

* My ZS50 has one of these wonderful little 'pods attached all the time. <https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/821600-REG/Joby_GP15_01AM_GorillaPod_Micro_250_Tripod.html>