Re: [OM] USB-C Cables

Subject: Re: [OM] USB-C Cables
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:24:57 -0600
> Welcome to the free market economy. In our ongoing move to fascism, where
> the government is owned by private businesses. Our governmental agencies
> that are responsible for standardization have allowed  two different kinds
> of cell phones to be sold, like AM and FM radio. So, if you go from AT&T to
> T-Mobile or something similar, your phone won't work. I suspect that the
> carriers like it that way because when you change carriers, they can sell
> you a new phone, or lock you into an eternal lease.

Legacy GSM and CDMA. That's only part of the equation, though. There
is also the issue of various bands of frequencies that the carriers
lease from the government through spectrum auctions. It's a convoluted
mess that the FCC has only managed to make worse and worse. Say what
you want about the outgoing FCC chairman. He did a couple of things
right, but between spectrum auctions and net neutrality he managed to
make hash of everything.

One man's yeast extract is another man's Vegemite.

AG