Re: [OM] Zone-10 review of the Motorola Moto Z Force Droid and Hasselbla

Subject: Re: [OM] Zone-10 review of the Motorola Moto Z Force Droid and Hasselblad True Zoom Camera
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:37:50 -0800
On 1/17/2017 7:53 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
. . .

Back to the case for a second. All the cellphone manufacturers think
that they make the most beautiful slabs around and who in their right
mind would gunk it up with a protective case? Well, try nearly
everybody. Those slabs usually have sharp edges, are slippery as a bar
of wet soap and die horrible deaths when dropped on the garage floor.

Some of us treat our phones differently than others.

Some of us might even want NOT to have any added stickiness that would make sliding the phone in and out of our belt cases harder. If the phone had rubbery, sticky edges, that catch just as the phone is almost out, it would actually increase the likelihood of a drop.

If they did what you want, there's nothing I could do to get rid of it. As it is, you can add whatever case you want. Carol has a complete coverage, every risk, case; I hate it. When we turned our phones in, hers was infinitesimally cleaner than mine. Her case goes on, with new phone. Both aced the trade-in appearance test.

Some of us don't drop our phones on bare concrete. I think I may have dropped a cell phone a couple of times in the last 25+ years, never far, never on a dangerous surface, never any damage. I don't think we should have to suffer for the failings of the clumsy. :-)

I do use a simple, sides and back, hard plastic, snap-on case. I don't think it's less slippery than the phones themselves; certainly not much. It adds a different sort of protection that the makers eschew, against front and back scratches from the surfaces they are set down on. The back is completely protected and the edges of the sides of the case stick up a tiny bit (1 mm?) and thus keep the screen from resting on flat surfaces.

I've had the same two of them, differentiated only artistically, through iPhone 5, 5S and SE. You've just reminded me to swap them for the first time in ages. :-)

Ept Moose