Re: [OM] USB-C Cables

Subject: Re: [OM] USB-C Cables
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:57:23 -0800
I can't speak for Bill, but can answer for our case. It was a matter of distance....

Be glad you live close enough to the transmitter.....

The key is the distance. And that also applies to ....

...there are so many other ways to access the material.

Around here a land line is the only way to reliably access emergency services. So my land line is bundled with internet as the best "value" for us. At some point in the near future we may be forced to change and buy into a different subscription service at higher cost since it has bundled product of no use to us. Sound like Adobe?

We are now subsidizing the local power utility coop which had the bright idea to go into the internet/phone business. So we, the ratepayers, are throwing our money at T-mobile to install towers in conjunction with the fibre the coop is pulling all over. This was supposed to be a money making proposition by now but in fact the ISP side of the business is sucking money out of the power side which has gone from a model power distribution coop to being massively in debt. Turns out that the ISP side can't get independent funding since its business model makes no sense so the utility side is guaranteeing the debt. Looks good on the spreadsheet but the bottom-line is the same for the ratepayers.

Article: <http://www.islandguardian.com/archives/00006367.html>