Re: [OM] It's stupid, I know...

Subject: Re: [OM] It's stupid, I know...
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 17:09:55 -0500
At 1/19/2017 08:53 PM, you wrote:
>> Well, aside from the price, it looks like everything a RF camera should be.
>> And it's a natural match for a Breemer.
>> Go for it, Dude!
>> ( You thought Moose was the only enabler.)
>
>Well, here is the problem. I'm not actually interested in a digital
>camera. I'd like to get a beater film Leica. But then I'd have to buy
>a lens or two and so on... It never ends. So, the best thing I can do
>is back away without making eye contact.

A long time ago, I tested a brand new Leica film camera for shutter accuracy.
Timing was bad (camera returned) and did not even come close to a used OM-4Ti.
I concluded most Leica photogs probably used around 1/60 speed, rarely a 1/1000
speed. It speaks to the OM mechanical accuracy, capable of a 1/2000 speed vs
Leica 1/1000. (My test setup would compare the start of frame to end of frame
timing.)

As to Lenses, that is another story. Maybe you should look for a Leica to
OM-3Ti adapter, unless you hanker for a RF. :-)

WayneS