Re: [OM] IMG: some film pics from a backup roll

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: some film pics from a backup roll
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 20:47:46 -0800
On 1/26/2017 9:22 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
I occasionally shoot film (around 20 rolls in 2016). I recently finished a roll of C41
B&W film, Ilford XP2 Super. I had it developed at Carmencita, a well-regarded lab
in Valencia, along with the roll of 6x9 Fuji Provia 100F from which I posted some
pictures the other day. While the E6 development was excellent, the C41 roll left a lot
to be desired. The development itself was OK but the film had clearly been handled
carelessly, as there was a lot of dust and other junk on it, which required quite a bit
of work with the spotting tool in LR. I will stick to traditional B&W which I
develop myself.

C41 B&W film has no silver in the negs, so the IR cleaning function of your scanner and software should be able to clean most or all of that up automagically.

Neat Nik Moose