[OM] Nathan's PAD 29/1/2017: a walk in the mountains

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 29/1/2017: a walk in the mountains
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 07:14:11 +0100
Yesterday I did something different from my usual cycling escapades, albeit in
the same general area. My wife and I joined a small group of mostly British
hikers for a 17 km walk in the mountains above Benidorm/Alicante, centred on
the village of Sella. I have visited this area (Puerto de Tudons) on bicycle on
various occasions. But walking is different; it is a different kind of
exercise, and it allows for much more photography; during an 80-100 km bicycle
ride I will typically only stop once or twice, where when you are walking,
stopping to take a picture is a snap (pun intended…). Plus, you get to see
things that you do not necessarily see from a paved road.

Four images from the hike.

Part of our little group on the way up a narrow path. We were going up to the
top of the ridge:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-rwWdJqV/A

There were numerous hazards along the path, including those left behind by
mountain goats:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Z3wbVjB/A

Once at the top, we took in this amazing view. A bit of leftover snow from last
weekend’s storm is still visible:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-TqkcmSN/A

Towards the end of the hike, I stopped for this little wild flower. In contrast
to the immediate surroundings of Alicante, this area is quite lush, with lots
of greenery and wild thyme and sage and other good stuff growing everywhere:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-vG8k2P9/A

One of the other participants posted the walk on Strava:
https://www.strava.com/activities/848457833

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman