Re: [OM] cbimages Week 4

Subject: Re: [OM] cbimages Week 4
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 21:40:23 -0800
On 1/29/2017 6:12 AM, ChrisB wrote:
The products of this week’s efforts

http://cbimages.uk <http://cbimages.uk/>

include a hedge protest (or protest at a hedge) and travel in London.

Given up on the larger images?

I'd do a vertical crop of the tower.

All APS-C sensors in these photos; I have sold my GM5 owing to the fact that it
required too much change from my Fujis to get used to the controls.  µ43 Oly
cameras are tempting, but not at that price . . .

If you get into the OM-Ds, it's a whole different size range, as well. I think people have over reacted to the price of the E-M1 II. It's not just a refresh of its predecessor, but a big jump up in all aspects of speed of focus, operation, etc. In a way, it's too bad they had already used the 'M1' moniker. Given an M2 or M3, the M5 II and M10 II, M1 would have said something useful about it. I still object to paying for the AFPD capability for compatibility with the old 4/3 lenses and don't like the huge hand grip, but I don't think it's really overpriced.

And it will be cheaper soon enough. :-)

I have two E-M5 II bodies, and what might be considered more lenses than necessary. ;-) But for the small, but not phone or pocket camera, niche, which I use quite a bit, there is nothing to compare with the GM5 in the Oly line. I've owned various Oly Pens. The E-PM2 is the closest for that use, although the E-PL5/6 have more controls. I used the E-PM2 extensively when I first tried the two bodies, two zooms to cover 97% method. Good camera, but the lack of an EVF except as an awkward add-on finally was too much for me.

Proven again in the last few weeks; people don't 'notice' the GM5 (black) with 14-140 zoom. They do 'notice' an E-M5 II with 12-100/4, and identify one as a 'photographer'.

Semi Stealth Moose