Re: [OM] IMG: Brick Close-Up

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Brick Close-Up
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 09:57:05 -0600
Thanks, Paul.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 1/31/2017 9:18 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
Nicely done. Texture abstracts like that can be fun.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 12:49 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

While getting familiar with the Leica Elmarit-R 60mm Macro lens, with its
matching Extender, I noticed the sun and shadows on the garage wall.  Like
most of the older Leica lenses, this one shows very little distortion.

This brick was ordered in 1967, probably made in South Carolina, and was
described as over-size, Colonial, rough-faced brick, if my memory serves me
correctly.  My wife selected it, and it worked well because we are on a
sloping lot and the southwest corner has fairly tall brick areas.  It was
also used on the face of our fireplace.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Colonial+Brick.jpg.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA