Re: [OM] cbimages Week 4

Subject: Re: [OM] cbimages Week 4
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 13:22:46 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
SSM writes:
<<<I still object to paying for the AFPD capability for compatibility with the
old 4/3 lenses and don't like the huge hand grip, but I don't think it's really
overpriced.

I know you don't prefer the form factor but it is my understanding that PDAF
assists MFT lenses for  on the E-M1 Mk11 for SINGLE AF and continuous AF modes
unlike the Mk1
where PDAF largely used for backwards compatibility for 4/3 lenses though did
help in C-AF for MFT lenses.  I believe the PDAF in the MK11 also improves AF
tracking for video.

Some value  in PDAF for still image MFT lens users, Mike